ePlus completes network integration and meets tight deadlines by leveraging custom project management road map to facilitate an efficient, end-to-end migration process
- An international hospitality provider acquired a competitor with an aging infrastructure.The organization sought to modernize its Microsoft Exchange environment while integrating operations with the acquired company—resulting in the decision to move all users to Microsoft Office 365.
- The customer was unhappy with its existing technology integrator, who was not equipped to handle the magnitude of the migration.
- The organization sought a partner with global resources and reach as well as the technical prowess to handle the complex logistics of this large, involved engagement with an aggressive timeline.
- Engineering talent, project management expertise, and ability to execute a project of this scale and size using internal staff
- Specialized toolset to automate the communication and migration processes required to keep such a large organization informed
- Customized dashboard to provide intuitive portal access for reporting and business insight
- Migration of 90,000 mailboxes from On-Prem Exchange environment to existing O365 tenant
- Cross-tenant migration of 70,000 mailboxes (as a result of the acquisition)
- Professional services:
- Established a process to migrate all accounts from an aging, on-premises solution to Office 365. This included scheduling, communication, automated provisioning of user accounts, mailbox permissions and special use cases, license assignment, and automated enrollment into mobile device management (MDM)
- Developed a custom project management road map for the end-to-end migration process to keep the initiative accountable to a tight timeline and customer requirements
- Performed all migration activities, from plan and process creation through communications and script development
- Created custom Executive e-Dashboard, which is still in use, for easy, centralized, at-a-glance project monitoring and reporting, enabling consolidated collection of migration information, specific property notes and migration status for each user, collection of ticket information, and real-time status updates
- Provided Tier 3 support for issue escalation, including partnership with BitTitan, to facilitate migration of cross-tenant mailboxes and Outlook profile conversions
- The migration was completed in the specified time period, enabling cost savings by allowing the customer to avoid contract penalties associated with support for an out-of-date system
- Retiring its on-premise Exchange system and upgrading its aging Active Directory environment to a modern version has improved the organization’s overall security posture and application compatibility to leverage newer products
- Bringing acquired employees onto their platform enabled consistency, standardization, and enhanced security
Want to Learn More?
We have proven