Clock Signal Component Issue
The success of our customers is our top priority. With that in mind, we wanted to alert you to an issue that Cisco has recently uncovered. In some Cisco products, there is a clock signal component that begins to degrade over time. Although the Cisco products with these components are currently performing normally, we expect product failures to increase over the years, beginning after the unit has been in operation for approximately 18 months. Once the component has failed, the system will stop functioning, will not boot, and is not recoverable.
Cisco will provide replacements for those products under warranty, or covered by any valid SMARTnet contract dated as of November 16, 2016, which have this component. Due to the age-based nature of the failure and the volume of replacements, Cisco will be prioritizing orders based on the products’ time in operation. Customers with affected products that are or were not covered by a warranty or service contract, may choose to purchase a service contract to have products replaced. If you need to obtain service coverage for your products, you should contact your Partner or Cisco Account Manager or use the Cisco Service Contract Center to create quotes and place orders for Cisco service contracts: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/services/ordering/cscc.html
Proactive Product Replacement
- For proactive product replacements, to determine whether or not your Cisco devices are affected, complete the Replacement Product Order Spreadsheet. *** Please make sure to save this spreadsheet or it will not update.
- Send the completed replacement order spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, you must have a current service contract or the device must have been under warranty dated as of November 16, 2016. Cisco will be prioritizing requests based on the products’ time in operation.
- Once replacement units are ready to be delivered to you, you will receive either a Sales Order Number (Tool https://cisco-apps.cisco.com/cisco/psn/commerce) or an RMA number (http://tools.cisco.com/support/serviceordertool/home.svo)
- Return impacted units to Cisco as quickly as possible at: http://www.cisco.com/web/ordering/cs_info/or3/o32/Return_a_Product/WebReturns/product_Online_web_returns.html
- Send any general questions to email@example.com.
- For Meraki products, go to https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/clock-signal-component-issue/
- Clock Signal Component Issue Ordering Information